1. Do you have any items in stock?We do not hold items in stock. All of our products are made to order. Production time is different depending on the product selected. Candles and book sleeves from our catalogues are prepared for shipping between 3 and 5 business days. Custom orders are made within period of 10 business days. The magnetic bookmarks are ready to ship in 1 - 2 business days and t-shirts, mouse pads, mugs and coasters need 1-3 business days processing time.
2. How long does it take a product to be delivered?The products from our catalogues are prepared for shipping between 1 and 5 business days, depending on the products selected, counting from the day following the date of the order. Custom orders are made within 10 business days. The magnetic bookmarks are ready to ship in 1 - 2 business days. If you have chosen to pay via PayPal or with a debit/credit card, the order begins processing after the payment has been received.
International orders start to be processed the next day after receiving the payment.
The delivery for Bulgaria takes 1-2 days, depending on the courier, which you have chosen. The delivery abroad usually takes 1-2 weeks.
We work hard to execute the orders as quickly as possible. Please, contact us beforehand if the candles are meant as a gift and you need them by a certain date.
3. How much does the delivery cost?The delivery price is based on the rates of the respective courier companies and depends on the total weight of the ordered products. In your "cart" you will see the shipping price before the order is finalized. We offer free shipping for local customers when the total amount of the purchase is above 30.00 BGN.
4. I made an order but I do not see any confirmation email.For each order placed, you must receive an email containing your order data confirming that it has been accepted. If you don't find one in your mail, check the SPAM folder - sometimes emails get stuck there. If there isn't any email (which is unlikely), contact us through the contact form.
5. Do you ship products abroad?Yes, we do. For international orders you must pay in advance the total amount of ordered products and the shipment cost. You can use debit/credit card or PayPal. You can see all methods and the total payment amount in your "cart" before completing the order. We will start processing your order the next day after receiving the payment. The products from our catalogues are prepared for shipping between 1 and 5 business days, depending on the products selected, counting from the day following the date of the order and for custom orders - 10 business days. We use the services of "Bulgarian post" PLC. After we send the items, we will send to your email a tracking number of the package. Typically, the goods are delivered within 1-2 weeks of the date of dispatch, but sometimes delays occur which do not depend on us. Please contact us if you have not received your shipment for 3 weeks after it has been shipped. We ship all of our international shipments with а "Priority" option. This means that they are insured against possible loss, theft or damage, and have a shorter delivery time than those without these options.
Keep in mind that some countries may have customs fees that you have to pay. Be informed in advance whether this applies to yours. With Scent of Books is not responsible for any customs charges incurred.
6. What should I do if my shipment arrives damaged?All of our products are insured, so please contact us immediately.
All shipments have an option "Open before pay". It means that you should check them in the presence of delivering courier. If you find that your item is damaged during the transport (for example: there is a broken candle), the courier will give you a protocol, which you should fill in. We will send you a new product as soon as possible at no extra cost by your side.
With Scent of Books is not responsible for unverified packages.
For foreign countries:
If your shipment arrives damaged, contact us immediately and send us pictures, so we can inform the post office and take the necessary actions.
7. Do you accept return or replacement of the products?Yes, we do. You have 14 days from the date of receipt of the products in which you can claim your willingness to replace your order or return it. For the purpose you must fill our form in the "Return/Exchange" category. Please note that upon return or replacement at your request, without our fault (a substantial defect on the product, the wrong product sent), all shipping costs are at your expense. You can learn more about our Conditions for Return and Exchange of Goods HERE.
8. Can I change something on my order after it's already done?You can change your order if it has not been sent to you yet. In this case, please contact us by an e-mail ([email protected]), at the phone or via our contact form on the site.
9. Why palm wax?Palm wax is a natural, valuable and renewable raw material, produced from palm oil. It is not toxic, burns clean and significantly longer than other types of wax. In addition, it contributes for the uniform release of the scents while is burning, i.e. the scents will not "evaporate" after some time and will continue to spread until the candle burns to the end. There is another very important advantage - it does not melt during the hot summer months (as opposed to soy wax, which is difficult to withstand high temperatures).
The wax and materials, which we use, are from the biggest producers in Bulgaria, who have proven the quality of their products and have established themselves in Europe as well.
10. What represent the candles with crystal effect?Candles with a crystal effect are made of palm stearin. Again, this is a valuable and renewable raw material, produced from palm oil. The crystal effect refers to the appearance of the candles. They look like there are small crystals in themselves and they are more glamorous than the other candles. The crystalline effect is also noted on burning - the top of the candle is liquefied, and the surface is crystallized below. Especially noticeable is in the evening when the lamp is on or in the dark - definitely will take you to some magical place.
The crystal effect is NOT the glitter we put on some of our candles! :)